The great news is that there is such a brainstorm technique and it is very, very easy and fun to learn.
First, what do you need?
- Big sheets of plain paper – the bigger the better!
- Lots of bright colorful crayons or markers
- One or more brains!
- Draw a colorful picture in the middle of the paper of what you are brain storming.
- Draw lines coming away from the drawing and write one word on each of them – a key subtopic word related to the main topic
- Keep adding lines and words to your paper until you run out of words. Use lot of different colors
- Add little drawings too – to make your brain storm more interesting
- Once you have put down everything you know, now go to your books or on the internet and use a good search engine to find the pieces of information that you are missing, and add them to your brain storm
Here’s an example:
Once your child has used this brain storm technique you will have all the information on the topic at hand – ready for any homework assignment or essay!